CAREER TRANSITION ROADMAP
PREPARE EDUCATION PATHWAY
PREPARE FOR YOUR EDUCATION PATHWAY
1. REQUEST YOUR MILITARY TRANSCRIPTS AS OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION FOR MILITARY TRAINING AND EXPERIENCES TO GAIN ACADEMIC CREDIT.
The Navy, Marine Corps, Army, and Coast Guard have moved to merge their transcript system into one standard academic transcript model that allows veterans to have one officially recognized military transcript called the Joint Services Transcript (JST). The JST allows veterans to have schools review and grant credit for your military training and experience, which should enhance your educational experience and accelerate your time to completion and into a good energy job. Learn more about how to request the JST transcripts for military personnel.
2. GET CREDIT FOR YOUR MILITARY TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE.
Your education should be a fulfilling and flexible experience that allows you to take the next step in your career. Credits2Careers can make your next step more affordable, more flexible, and much faster by turning your military service directly into college credits to help you work your way to your degree. We’ll map out your ideal education and career path so you can make the most of everything you’ve learned throughout your life. Don’t enter a degree program blind. You deserve to know that your desired career is within reach.
3. UNDERSTAND AND DETERMINE THE BEST EDUCATION BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO YOU.
The Post-9/11 GI Bill offers multiple benefits to gain an education and a credential to position yourself successfully for a rewarding energy job.
Another benefit includes On-the-Job Training/Apprenticeship Training, which allows veterans to learn a trade or skill through participation in
apprenticeship or on-the-job training rather than by attending classes.
• Visit the GI Bill website
• Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)
• Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)
• Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP)